Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Return of the Flat

I've updated my slideshow with a few pairs of new shoes (from Christmas and my birthday...NYC budget doesn't much allow for just-for-fun shoe purchases).  You'll notice a stark contrast between my newest pairs and most of my other pairs, namely heel height (or lack thereof).  As I suspected/feared, high heels just really aren't that practical for city living. I walk almost everywhere I go, and I'm usually pushing a double stroller too.  And as much as I love heels, I really don't want to walk 20 blocks in them on a regular basis.

Come to find out, despite having what some people would call a ridiculous number of shoes, what i don't have a lot of are sandals or open-toed shoes that are flat, a.k.a. good for walking.  As the weather warmed up here I was not loving the idea of wearing socks/closed-toed shoes all the time so I used some birthday money to get a couple pairs of basic sandals.  This may have to become a tradition as long as we live here!

Now I know some of you are feeling bad for all my high heels that never get worn anymore (I would be if I were you).  Never fear, I still wear them.  Of course, not nearly as often as I did before.  Mostly just for church (and even then, I wear flats to walk to and from church and only change to heels when I get there), but every once in a while I will wear them around the house if I know I don't have to go anywhere far that day.  I do miss them sometimes, but there is a time and a season for everything, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Current Shoe Box

Lissa's Shoe Box © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!